Marquat, born in Cardiff, but with Nigerian parents is a typical teenager. He’s an intelligent, inquisitive boy but also sometimes insecure and shy. He hopes to do well in life and works hard to achieve his dreams. One day, unfortunately, he comes across racial prejudices because of the colour of his skin. However, just as he begins to think he’s alone, he discovers the value of friendship which will help him overcome any problem.
‘Oh!’ says Alex, a little surprised.
‘Don’t you feel African at all?’
‘No, not at all!’ Marquat replies firmly.
‘Just because I’m black doesn’t mean
I’m not British.
I am British, just like you!’
Friendship • Social Issues
In this Reader you will find :
- Focus on…
- KET-style activities
- Glossary of difficult words
- Test yourself
- Comprehension activities
- Family, friends and ourselves
- Occupations and the world of work
- School and education: including school subjects,
- Daily routine
Notions and concepts
- Actions and activities: including routines and manner, Feelings, Obligation, Offers
- Likes and dislikes, Predictions, Suggestions
- Talking about future plans
Grammar and structures
- Adverbs, Adjectives
- Phrases with when
- Comparatives and superlatives
- Present simple
- Future forms
An illustrated series of classics and specially-written stories
The titles in the series are organized in three levels according to the reader’s age and language competence (CEFR A1 – C2): Young ELI Readers, Teen ELI Readers and Young Adult ELI Readers. Each Reader is a work of high literary standing whether it be an adapted or unabridged classic or an original story written specifically for the series.
- Specific sections designed to enrich the reading experience, aid reading comprehension and extend the student’s vocabulary: biographical notes; extension activities.
- Eye-catching graphics by some of today’s leading illustrators to enhance comprehension and help the student to complete the exercises.
- Exercises and activities to practice and extend all four language skills.
- Audio contains a recording of the text, read by a mother tongue speaker.
- FSC paper: a guarantee that the paper used comes exclusively from responsibly managed forests.
L’éditeur publie désormais les lectures progressives avec le contenu multimédia en numérique. Le titre commandé peut donc être fourni soit avec le CD si ce dernier existe encore sous ce format, soit en version dématérialisée.
Le contenu multimédia est téléchargeable sur le site www.eligradereaders.com
Une application ELILINK est utilisable sur smartphone ou tablette. Elle est téléchargeable depuis App Store ou Google Play.