Stage 1 Elementary | 600 headwords | A1 | Movers | Classic
This novel tells the story of Hank Morgan, the boss of a factory in late 19th century Connecticut, who awakens to find himself transported back in time to early medieval England at the time of the legendary King Arthur.
One day, while Hank Morgan is working, a man attacks him and hits him on the head. When Hank wakes up he is in sixth century England. He is at the Court of King Arthur where he meets the Knights of the Round Table and Queen Guenever. Thanks to his superior knowledge, Hank soon becomes the King’s chief minister and plans to modernise the country, but things do not always go according to plan…
Fantasy • Legend • Adventure • Love
In this Reader you will find:
- Games and language activities
- An audio recording of the story
- Verb tenses: Present Simple, Present Continuous, Past Simple, Past Continuous, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, To be going to, Conditional.
- Modal verbs: Can, could, have to, will.
- Conjunctions: and , but, then, because, when.
- Relative Pronouns: which, who, where, when, that, whose.
An illustrated series of classics and specially-written stories
The titles in the series are organized in three levels according to the reader’s age and language competence (CEFR A1 – C2): Young ELI Readers, Teen ELI Readers and Young Adult ELI Readers. Each Reader is a work of high literary standing whether it be an adapted or unabridged classic or an original story written specifically for the series.
- Specific sections designed to enrich the reading experience, aid reading comprehension and extend the student’s vocabulary: biographical notes; extension activities.
- Eye-catching graphics by some of today’s leading illustrators to enhance comprehension and help the student to complete the exercises.
- Exercises and activities to practice and extend all four language skills.
- Audio contains a recording of the text, read by a mother tongue speaker.
- FSC paper: a guarantee that the paper used comes exclusively from responsibly managed forests.
L’éditeur publie désormais les lectures progressives avec le contenu multimédia en numérique. Le titre commandé peut donc être fourni soit avec le CD si ce dernier existe encore sous ce format, soit en version dématérialisée.
Le contenu multimédia est téléchargeable sur le site www.eligradereaders.com
Une application ELILINK est utilisable sur smartphone ou tablette. Elle est téléchargeable depuis App Store ou Google Play.